First United Methodist Church
JOB DESCRIPTION – Nursery Coordinator
(Part-time 10-12 hours per week)
The Nursery Coordinator will supervise and coordinate paid nursery staff and volunteers to ensure that First United Methodist Church (FUMC) provides a safe, clean, loving, and quality care for children ages 8 weeks to 5 years old for church services and church functions.
· Schedules paid nursery workers and volunteers for church functions.
· Supervises paid nursery workers and volunteers.
· Assists in nursery during Sunday morning worship and other time when needed.
· Schedules and oversees training for paid nursery workers.
· Advertises and hires for paid nursery workers.
· Communicates needs of nursery with appropriate church staff.
· Approves timesheets for paid nursery workers.
· Ensures that nursery area stays clean and tidy.
· Communicates with nursery parents.
· Communicate weekly with supervisor
· Other duties as assigned
· Ability to communicate in a positive, loving manner with nursery parents and children
· Ability to supervise and motivate others
· Organizational skills
· High school diploma
REPORTS TO: Director of Kids Ministry
FSLA STATUS: Part-time, Non-Exempt