Sunday was amazing! It was inspiring to see the names of 17 young people who stepped forward and said Yes! to following Jesus. To baptize and confirm people in the faith is a high moment in the life of any church, and it was great to see our church full of energy and excitement. We also debuted our livestream broadcast of both morning worship services, which you can now watch on our Facebook page or the church website. We had several adult Sunday School classes resume in person meetings, and our Youth United Night resumed in person as well (also live broadcasted).
I’m grateful that as a church we have expanded our ministry options to provide for virtual and in-person gatherings. We are the church whenever and wherever we meet!
In many ways, this past Sunday felt like a fall kickoff and the months of October and November have a lot in store for us. Make sure you read this and future editions of The VOICE to stay up to date. Here are just a few of the things to look forward to:
– Our annual Missions Garage Sale is this weekend, October 9-10!
(We need a few more volunteers to help setup and takedown! Sign up Below!)
– Our Blood Drive in honor of Beverly Yeates is this Sunday, October 11
(Be sure to register for a time to donate!)
– Providing meals to our homebound members (and more service opportunities are scheduled for Wednesday nights!)
– Our Stewardship Series culminating on Commitment Sunday, October 25
– Our first ever Pumpkin Parade family event on October 28!
– Hosting an Election Day Prayer Vigil in our Sanctuary, November 3
And before you know it, we’ll be celebrating Christmas!
I know that things are still different, but I’ve started saying, “We can be different and still make a difference!”
So, I hope you find a way to help us make a difference this fall in our worship, in our service, in our missions, and in our giving! Thanks for all that you do!
Grace and Peace,