MESSAGE FROM RICKY
This Monday we began distributing a survey created by our church’s Executive Committee to aid in our ongoing discernment regarding our denominational future.
As we shared on Sunday morning, this is a tool, not a vote. Your responses will help the Executive Committee hear from you, determine what more information needs to be shared, and prayerfully consider the next steps in the process.
Here are some helpful pieces of information to make sure your voice is heard:
1) The survey was emailed this week, please check your junk folder if you didn’t receive it. Also, try adding firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list as her email address appears as the sender of the email.
2) If you didn’t receive it, call the church office and leave your preferred email with Dianne Alford and we can resend you the link directly.
3) Paper copies are available in the church office every day and on Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings over the next two weeks.
4) Please only fill it out once (either online or in paper). We trust that every person wants as accurate a result as possible. Filling it out multiple times will only increase the length of time it will take the Exec Committee to process the results and share them.
5) This survey is intended for members and active visitors of our church. If you consider yourself a part of our community of faith, we want you to participate. The survey will ask if you are a member or visitor as well as other demographic information. However, you will not be required to list your name.
6) You must complete the online form or turn in the paper survey by 4:00 p.m. on November 7th.
One last thing while I’ve got your attention, if you haven’t turned in your Commitment Card for 2023, this coming Sunday in worship we will have a special time of prayer and dedication. You’ll be invited to come forward to the altar and place your commitment. Thanks to the many of you who have already begun turning those cards in. I’m excited to see what God will do in the coming year through your combined generosity.
See you Sunday!
Grace and Peace,